Paws for Assistance Dog Training is a coaching service for adults diagnosed with a disability wishing to train their own dog to Public Access Test (PAT) standard under the Guide, Hearing and Assistance Dogs Act, 2009 (Queensland Government) model.
Learn more about the GHAD PAT at https://www.qld.gov.au/disability/out-and-about/ghad/certification-public-access-test
Paws for Assistance Dog Training (PADT) uses reward based training methods. Training to PAT standard takes approximately 6-18months depending on the handler (owner) and their dog. PADT ensures the handler and dog are supported throughout the training process and beyond into the handler and dog’s working life together.
The handler will learn a step-by-step process to train their dog for specific tasks. You will also learn the theory that underpins dog behaviours.
PADT also offer one-on-one obedience training for pet-dog owners. Contact us to find out more.
- Certificate IV Companion Animal Services.
- Pet Professional Guild member
- Registered Music Therapist. GradDipMThrp. University of Melbourne, 2004
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers Australia member
- Government certified Assistance Dog trainer (GHAD Act’09)
- Working With Children Check